3/3/13

What You Never Want To See - But It's Fixed, Period.

When building an ICF house, here's what you don't want to see, haha.   In response to the door dilemma mentioned in the earlier post, my builder and I are splitting the cost (very fair in my opinion) and they have sawed through that huge mass of concrete that is our exterior wall.   If you ever want to see what the inside of an ICF wall looks like after they've sawed and drilled away for hours at attempting a new front door to fix an architect mistake, this is what it looks like:


I will say it gives one a very solid feeling about the type of house they are constructing!  After seeing the next pic, I am extremely pleased that my builder encouraged  - well... almost insisted - that the mistake be fixed instead of accepted.  Looking at the change now, my front door would have looked humorously small now that I see the new and much-wider opening:


Sigh of relief and kudos to our builder on encouraging that decision.  Yes, we have to pay a change order but in the scheme of things I suppose it is minimal.  Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment