2/14/13

Progress: Floor joists going in, and Why Didn't I Think Of That?

The lumber for the interior framing has been delivered, and floor joists are coming up.  As luck would have it, they "forgot" to put a few supports in so now the mason needs to come back in order for them to install the floor system on the other side.  I'm glad the floor is going in, makes the space look much more "homey" as opposed to this huge cavernous space that is super-sized.  Now that I can see it from the perspective of the windows, I'm loving how low many of my windows are.




WINDOW MOMENT:  WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?

While watching Downton Abbey last night,  one of the windows in the background caught my eye.  These are the windows of the old Highclere castle where it is filmed...   instead of having the sill hit right at the bottom of the frame, it drops down about 10 inches and THEN there is a sill.  This would have looked great in my long bathroom window!  (Which is now concreted in).  Darn.  Maybe I'll try to incorporate it somewhere upstairs since there is still time.  See the window in the background: 

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s183/downton-abbey/recaps/a435011/downton-abbey-finale-recap-lets-see-what-the-future-brings.html

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I do the same thing....the house design is never far out of my mind so I look for details in movies and on TV! And, yes, I've noticed architectural details on the buildings in Downton Abbey and thought, hmm...would that work for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it is a sickness when you are in building mode, haha!

    ReplyDelete